Year End Trip Planning

• Mr. John Slate

April 30, 2020 at 6:00 pm

I’ve heard that the Le Brea tar pits are really fun that time of year. We could utilize all of the animals that get stuck there each year as an example of how sin traps us. Here’s a link to more info

My cousin has a hut near there we could use. Here’s some pics

• Fred Flintstone

April 30, 2020 at 6:11 pm

I’d be happy to handle the food. I got the recipe for those amazing brontosaurus ribs from the restaurant in town. Btw, if you are into cooking your ribs here’s a great ribs recipe that I ran across.

Cost: If we have 20 people I should be able to provide food for an average cost of $10 per person, assuming we do Friday night through around 4pm Saturday.

Here’s a picture from that restaurant I mentioned.

• Dave Gregg

April 30, 2020 at 6:15 pm

@BammBamm would you be willing to come up with a game for Friday Night and Saturday afternoon?

@TheGreatGazoo would you put together a draft schedule?

• BammBamm Rubble

April 30, 2020 at 6:19 pm

I would love to. I’ll have to find a good night game. Last year we lost one of the Stockaders to a predator while he was hiding during the game. I guess he didn’t hide well enough.

I think we could play American Sabretooth. The kids love that.  It’s dangerous, but so is life.

• The Great Gazoo Smith

April 30, 2020 at 6:27 pm

Here’s a draft schedule. I modified last’ year’s slightly:

Friday

• 4:30  Arrive and get set up.
    • 6:30  Dinner
    • 8:00  Campfire
    • Night Game
    • 10:00 Lights out

Saturday

• 6:30   Leaders huddle
    • 7:00   Boy’s wake up/quiet time
    • 8:00   Breakfast
    • 10:00 Bible Exploration
    • 11:00  Stone Knife safety and widdling
    • 12:30 Lunch
    • 1:30   Game
    • 3:00 Devotional
    • 4:00  Pack up
    • 4:30 Drive Home

Let me know what we need to modify.

• Fred Flintstone

April 30, 2020 at 6:28 pm

I’d be happy to do the closing devotional. I’ll be done with lunch cleanup for sure by then. I’ll just need some help packing the kitchen gear. There’s a great story about forgiveness on Brigade Leader Magazine. I may read that. I also found a great audio workshop on telling stories better. I’m going to practice.

• BammBamm Rubble

April 30, 2020 at 6:29 pm

I’ll be planning both games, so you don’t have to worry about it. I’ll let you know what my final plan is. I’m hoping we can bring all the boys home this time.

• Mr. John Slate

April 30, 2020 at 6:45 pm

I’ll create the Morning devotion and the Bible Exploration.

Morning devotional will be re-memorizing 2 timothy 2:2, answering three questions about the verse, and prayer time.

Bible Ex will be on Matthew 18 and the unforgiving servant. It should only take 20 minutes and then we will practice 1 Timothy 2:2 together.  I read this article from Brigade Leader on helping boys memorize scripture. I want to use one of the methods!